Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Summer Days


WOW!!! Where has the time gone?? We are in my favorite time of year...SUMMER!!! That means days filled with free movies, the local aquatic center, reading, visiting friends and family, the beach and vacations!! And we have done them all! We were supposed to go to Houston to go to one of the top 10 water parks in the US with my brother, Steve, and his family in early June...well, Adam's ear put the cabosh on that trip with another infection and an adamant MD stating that there can be NO water in the ear. Even with the plugs (which tend to fall out as one whizzes down water slides), I did not want to take a chance to have the infection worsen because this was how he lost his last eardrum...so we shortened our vacation and went away to Stone Mountain, GA for 4 days.
It was fun! We spent our days at Stone Mountain (awesome firework and laser show every night), the Atlanta Aquarium (some beautiful Beluga whales there) and then to Six Flags Over Georgia (LOADS of roller coasters-we all went on one, but Alec was the brave one who went on 2...Adam and I watched). It was fun and the drive was not so bad...I dropped them off at Dave's on the way home for 10 days and then came home to a house that was recently covered in plastic and all in an uproar! I had the ceilings retextured in my absence and boy and I glad I was alone and the boys were not at home...took me the ten days to get the house back in order, but it was worth it!!!!
I then picked the boys up on the way to Lutz to spend 4 days with my Dad and his wife, Marsha. I was going to expose my boys to their first MLB game between the Tampa Bay Rays and my beloved Boston Red Sox! Since we were a house divided (I was the only Red Sox fan) I made 2 posters to bring with us and with the help of my sister-in-law's brother, we made it on national TV! What a hoot! Unfortunately my Sox were swept, but it was a great game and a super series! The boys were like fish and were in the pool at Pop-Pop's and Nana's most of the time. Their best thing was to use the supersoaker water guns and blast their grandfather! Great memories!
The remainder of our days here have been working (have to fund these fun trips and vacations somehow), enjoying the 4th of July with friends, going to the library and the beach and seeing some of the fun summer movies that are out.
I hope that you and your families are having as wonderful a summer as we are. I can hardly believe that school will be back in session in a month...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Job on the blog Cheryl. But as of this moment the Red Sox are still #2. Marsha & I had a great time on your visit .Water gun fights are a great way to make memories.